Today was Luke's first day of PreKindergarten! We met his teacher last week and are very excited about the upcoming school year. I have heard lots of good things about this teacher so I am really thrilled that Luke is in her class. He seems to be pretty excited also and even woke up a little early this morning. I think that it really helps that we got to meet Mrs. P. last week and see the classroom and some of the other kids that will be in his class (he already knows 3 of the 6 kids). There was absolutely no problem today, not that I expected there to be one since he did so well all last year with going to school.
When I picked him up, Mrs. P. said he had an awesome day and that he told her he was pretty tired (he did take a great nap after lunch). The difference for him this school year is that he will be going to school four half-days instead of three. I am easing him into the Kindergarten schedule that he will be in next year plus, I just really like having him with me as much as possible.
Andy suggested starting Katie in the spring but I am not ready for that yet although we are pretty sure that she is! I was planning on starting her in July just like we did with Luke two years ago. We'll see. In the meantime, we are working on potty training. As I am typing this, Katie has taken her diaper off and is calling me. Gotta run!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.