Welcome!

Hello family and friends!

Join Katie and me for some fun and exciting adventures with Mom and Dad.

-Luke

Friday, July 19, 2013

Update on "Hogg Heaven 2" and other stuff

We are very close to getting our final plans for the new house.  We had a bit of a set back two weeks ago when we learned that the house we had designed was going to be a little bit more expensive to build than we are comfortable with.  That was more than a bit of a disappointment for me since this was essentially MY design for the house but as I have learned (often the hard way), everything happens for a reason.  So, we are working with our designer to tweak my plan some and will be getting something back from her next week.  Then it will be a matter of getting some firm bids from builders, selecting a builder and then starting the actual construction!  

In the meantime, we have been having a lot of fun and have been very busy enjoying the summer before Katie starts pre-school and Luke starts Kindergarten in August.  Pretty crazy!  I intentionally let our week days be more loosely structured than normal and some days that works out great for us but I have to say sometimes I have wanted to pull my hair out!!!  The house is in a constant state of chaos, I rarely get the laundry folded and put away in a timely fashion and there are usually a few dishes in the sink but I really don't even care!!  I just keep thinking of the people who keep telling me that someday (and not too far in the future) the house will be quiet and the kids' stuff will all be in their rooms and they will be too busy to snuggle with me or read books together so I am really trying to enjoy this time and not be too uptight about some of this stuff.  Luckily for me, Andy is OK with things being this way (most of the time, anyway!) so that helps to ease some of the guilt over the house being a wreck!!  Wine helps also!  I have said it before and I will say it again, happy hour was not invited by the 9-5 crowd.  It was invented by stay-at-home moms!  That time from 5 until 6:30 or so is "the witching hour"!!!!  I cannot explain it but the kids make me the most crazy at that time!  Which is unfortunate for Andy since that is when he is getting home and would probably rather walk in to a peaceful house!  But again, he's such a wonderful guy that he usually just goes with the flow.  Thank goodness!  Now, I better go.  The kids are in rare form and I think I hear a box of "cardboard-eau" calling my name!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.