Well, we received a phone call from the builder on Saturday morning informing us that some progress had been made in the kitchen area of the new home. Marlina promptly informed me that we were going to take a look and see what is going on.
We arrived at the house and Marlina quickly jumped out and started walking up the stairs, leaving me to un-harness the Dude and the Bug. After a few minutes of jacking with the car seats and explaining the rules (again) of no jumping on lumber, no swinging 2 X 4's, no testing out the handrails, stay out of the workers way, and generally don't try to kill yourself or your sister/brother, I was finally ready to walk up the stairs. When I got there, I couldn't believe what I saw. My wife was crying.
It took me a minute to figure it out, but there she was standing in the kitchen crying. The granite countertops and sinks had been installed and she was so overcome by emotion that she broke down. "Its so beautiful" she whispered to me as I entered with both kids in tow. At that point she got on the phone and called Terri, our builder, and told her how wonderful it looked and that she was so happy.
Me being me, insisted on speaking with Terri so that I could tell her what I thought about it as well. I promptly informed Terri that the granite looked great and that I don't even think anyone will notice that one of the painters had set a can of oil based stain right on top. I told her that the ring from the paint can was so small and it "kinda blended in with the pattern in the granite." Terri got real quiet. I waited another ten seconds before I revealed that I was just kidding and I thought everything looked wonderful. In the words of Bugs Bunny, "Ain't I a stinker?"
A
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.